Up the hill

Frank Oliver climbing the hill on Main Street, Awsworth in Bryan Maloney's picture from his book Awsworth Through Time.
Frank Oliver climbing the hill on Main Street, Awsworth in Bryan Maloney's picture from his book Awsworth Through Time.

This week we feature another photograph from Bryan Maloney’s book Awsworth Through Time, charting the village’s changing face over the years.

Here we see Frank Oliver climbing the hill on Main Street nears the entrance to the now demolished Mission Rooms.

The rooms, used for worship and Sunday School, were built in 1896 and demolished in 1979.