£5,000 for village hall

0
Have your say

ASBESTOS has been removed from a village hall thanks to a £5,000 grant.

The potentially dangerous asbestos was found in the roof of the boiler room at Awsworth Village Hall by staff who carried out safety checks.

Nottinghamshire County Council’s Grassroots Grant Scheme awarded £5,000 to volunteers who run the village hall in The Lane to take the roof down, remove the asbestos, re-plaster and paint the building.

Grassroots is an organisation, which offers money to community groups and organisations.