Casualty suffered burns after shed fire

A casualty suffered smoke inhalation and burns to his hands after a shed blaze.

The fire was discovered at the shed on Walter Street, Draycott, about 10.50am, on Tuesday, November 18.

A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said: “The occupier tried to deal with the fire by using a garden hose and suffered burns to his hands and he suffered smoke inhalation.

“Fire crews helped with first aid and paramedics and an ambulance also attended the incident.”

Long Eaton, Ilkeston and Nottingham Road firefighters used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire and made the areas safe by about 11.25am.