Casualty treated for smoke inhalation after Ilkeston fire

editorial image

A casualty was treated for smoke inhalation following a fire in a kitchen in the middle of the night.

A crew from Ilkeston attended the fire in the kitchen of a two-storey building in Wood Street, Ilkeston, at 12.01am this morning (Monday, January 12).

Two firefighters used a hose reel jet and a safety jet to extinguish the blaze, which was out by 12.25am, and then stayed behind to ventilate the property.

An ambulance crew tended to the casualty.