Cooking started bungalow blaze

FIREFIGHTERS had to force their way into a bungalow filled with smoke this week after cooking caused a fire.

A fire service spokesman said that crews from Long Eaton Fire Station found the property in Thirlmere Road was ‘heavily smoke-logged’ when they arrived at the scene at about 3.40pm on Sunday.

He said that the crews believed that the blaze was started by unattended cooking in the kitchen of the Long Eaton home.

Police also attended but the fire was not believed to be suspicious.

Firefighters were detained at the scene for nearly an hour, leaving just before 5pm.