Deadly fire was ‘accident’

THE FIRE service’s investigation into a fire in Long Eaton in which a woman died has found it may have been caused by cooking.

The body of Linda Parkes, 59, was found three days after the fire in Wellington Street on January 14 after firefigthers were hampered by tonnes of rubbish and other objects in every room.

The spokesman said: “Investigations are still going on, but we are treating it as accidental, most likely cooking-related.

“We are unable to say anything further than that at this stage, other than we are preparing a report for the coroner.”

Derbyshire police’s investigation into the death is ongoing.

An inquest into the death Ms Parkes was adjourned last week.