Family evacuated after fire

A FIRE in a Stanley Common home, which forced the family to flee into the street, may have been cause by an electrical fault according to firefighters.

Crews from Ilkeston and Heanor stations arrived on the scene in Tansley Avenue at about 9.20am on Tuesday morning.

They tackled the blaze, which was contained in a back bedroom.

Paramedics checked over the family members and they have been rehoused by Three Valleys while electrical work is undertaken at the property.

White watch crew manager at Ilkeston Chris Timmonds said: “Luckily because of the time of day it occurred and the fact they had smoke alarms fitted, no one was hurt.”