An Ilkeston takeaway which was handed a rating of just one by a food hygiene inspector at the start of the year has regained its four-star status.
USA Express Chicken on South Street was told to make major improvements when it was inspected by an environmental health officer at Erewash Borough Council in February. It was believed to have sold under cooked chicken kebabs that led to food poisoning.
The inspector went back to do a follow up inspection in July and found that the improvements had been made.
Managers deny any link between the food poisoning and the shop.
Manager, Ferid Renda said: “We informed the health and safety officer of all the steps we were taking to prove that we were taking the safety of our customers very seriously.
“Firstly all the ties we had with the manager at the time was severed and new staff were hired
“We started with using dual language signs for all the staff so that there were no room for error for the procedures employed.
“All the procedures were examined with the staff so that there were no room for error.
“At the end of this all the compliance orders that was put in place were lifted and eventually we were reassessed and food hygiene rating was restored to four.”