SHOCK AS LIVING ROOM FLOOR COLLAPSES

NILABE120207h2, house floor collasped, John Street, Ilkeston.
NILABE120207h2, house floor collasped, John Street, Ilkeston.

A FAMILY left shocked and bruised after a living room floor collapsed underneath their feet have spoken to the Advertiser about their lucky escape.

Grandmother Gladys Smith, 84, needed hospital treatment after the wooden floor of the John Street house split in two, sending her furniture crashing with her into the cellar.

Firefighters from Ilkeston and Derby fire stations and paramedics spent hours on the scene on Monday afternoon helping Gladys, her two granddaughters and their aunty out of the cellar, and making the scene safe.

For the full story see this week’s Advertiser out now.