Contact plea to carers

ANYONE looking after a youngster who is not a close relative should get in touch with Derbyshire County Council.

Under Government guidelines, the authority must be told about plans for a child to be looked after by a friend, neighbour or other carer, known as private fostering. This is so checks can be made that the arrangement is suitable. Failure to let the authority know is an offence.

To let the council know about private fostering call 08456 058 058, email