Two cat owners have been left ‘heartbroken’ after their cats had to be put down after suspected antifreeze poisoning in Trowell.
Neighbours Fiona Peacock and Michelle Harvey were forced to take the difficult decision to have their beloved pets put to sleep.
Paramedic Michelle, who is convinced that the cats were deliberately poisoned, is offering a £500 reward for information leading to an arrest.
“I never quite realised it would be as heartbreaking as it has been to lose him,” she said.
Late on Saturday June 30, her cat Elvis, who she had owned for nearly eight yers, came in through the cat flap of her Derbyshire Avenue home looking unwell.
She rushed him to Ambivet in Ripley who tried to save him but could not.
Mum-of-three Fiona’s cat Rich was only 14 months old.
She found him at the weekend looking unwell and similarly had to have him put down.
“To me, he was part of the family and to explain to your kids he’s not coming home wsa awful,” she explained.
Vets told her that, as with Fiona’s cat, antifreeze had caused damage to his organs.
Nottinghamshire police confirmed they had received reports of suspected poisonings and said they had handed the investigation over to the RSPCA.