Derbyshire firefighters sound warning over candles after bedroom blaze

Candles cause thousands of fires every year across the UK.
Candles cause thousands of fires every year across the UK.

Derbyshire firefighters have issued a warning after a blaze involving an unattended candle.

The fire happened in a bedroom at a property on Collingwood Road, Long Eaton, last night.

Firefighters attended the incident at around 8.30pm.

A Derbyshire Fire and Rescue spokesperson said: "Never leave candles unattended."

For more information on candle safety, visit this section of the fire service's website.