Two people left with burns following Stapleford flat fire

Unions have warned of the impact on communities
Unions have warned of the impact on communities

Emergency first aid had to be given to a man and woman after a fire broke out in a Stapleford flat.

The fire broke out today, Monday, April 9 at just beofre 12.10pm.

A Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “Crews from Stapleford, LondonRoad and Highfields were called to a flat fire on Central Avenue, Stapleford, which was out on arrival.

“Firefighters provided first aid to a man and a woman suffering burns and smoke inhalation before handing over to the East Midlands Ambulance Service.”