Four roads have been closed and a community centre has been evacuated after a chemical spill in Stapleford this morning (Thursday).
A Nottinghamshire fire service spokesman said that a drum containing 36 per cent hydrochloric acid was spilt at Autotechz in Pasture Road at about 10am.
Pasture Road, Kennedy Drive, Moorbridge Lane and Hickings Lane are currently closed to traffic.
The spokesman added that a community church near to the business has been evacuated as a precaution.
A total of 47 people, including children from the Pastures Church Community Centre, were evacuated as a precaution and taken to a place of safety.
More details to follow.