FIGURES released in the run up to Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service’s electrical safety week show that almost half of all domestic fires start as a result of plug-in products.
Group Manager Steve Helps said: “Electrical equipment is an inescapable part of all our lives, from essentials like heating and lights to luxuries like entertainment systems or beauty products.
“Half of all accidental fires begin with an electrical appliance, so it’s really important to be sure that your electrics are in good working order and are used properly.
“By following some simple steps, you can help keep you and your loved ones safe from fire.”
Electrical safety week runs from January 23-29. For information visit www.derbys-fire.gov.uk.