AN ILKESTON couple feared their daughter could have died after she became dangerously ill during a family holiday at a notorious Turkish hotel.
The Clifton family have this week finally received compensation after they were all struck down with food poisoning during their stay at the Pegasus Palace Hotel in Sarigerme five years ago.
Donna Clifton, 44, told the Advertiser this week how Turkish doctors put daughter Ellie, then aged 10, on a drip in their hotel room at the four-star all-inclusive resort, which her and her husband Nigel booked through tour operator First Choice.
“It was when she was taken to hospital that Nigel and I stood on the balcony and we said we both thought we were going to lose her,” said Donna.
For the full story see this week’s Ilkeston Advertiser out tomorrow.