Villa score 13 as they cruise into next round of cup

West Hallam Villa 13 Clifton 0

Villa won a one-sided YEL Sunday Cup encounter without approaching their best form.

The game was all over after ten minutes by which time the lead was 5-0.

The first was squeezed in by Giorgi Horsley. Taylor got the second with rasping shot and the third was an own goal.

Dylan Boulter converted a Horsley cross and Dan Cox scored a penalty. The sixth was an excellent skimming shot from Josh Melville and the seventh by Horsley.

Clifton battled hard and held Villa to seven until midway through the second half but then the goals started to come with regularity.

Taylor scored four, the best of them a curling shot into the roof of the net.

Melville netted again with a real screamer and top-scorer Reece Widdowson had to be content with a solitary goal.

West Hallam Rovers 1 Toton 6

Due to holidays and illness, Rovers started with a bare 11 in this YEL game on Saturday and were well-beaten by their lower-placed opponents.

They were three down within the first15 minutes but pulled a goal back thanks to Luke Cox’s mazy run and firm finish.

Rovers were 4-1 down at halfway but had a good period after the break.

Joe Lacey won a penalty but the resulting kick by his teammate was driven straight at the Toton goalie.

Two more entirely avoidable goals were then given away before the end.

Spondon Dynamos u15s 10 Stanton Ilkeston U1 5s 1

Stanton visited table toppers Spondon and for the first 20 minutes played some sparkling football.

A great move saw Arron Sheppard break free to find Joshua Axe in the box but his shot flew narrowly wide. At the other end, skipper Jack Doughty tidied up well alongside James Kibble.

But in a mad 15 minutes the Ironmen defence collapsed as Spondon goals flowed. Stanton traipsed off at half time 7-0 down.

But the team spirit never dies and the second half saw a redoubtable performance.

Cameron Roe continued his excellent form with a number of close range saves, Dow Ward’s commitment was 100 per cent and Joe Parkin cleared off the line.

And despite conceding three more, the Blues finished strongly, through Jack Lee’s goal.

Mickleover Allstars Rams 1 Stanton Ilkeston U12 4

A depleted Stanton side swept aside Mickleover in superb fashion to reach the second round of The Lewis Mighty Cup.

With no substitutes, hard work and team work was the order of the day.

The patched up defensive trio of Bradley Mitchell, Dylan Duke and Harvey Bull were inpenetrable, Bull also making good runs further forward.

Stanton continued to pressure and Stokes cleverly flicked the ball and into the roof of the net for a deserved lead.

Stokes continued to terrorise the defenders.

Stanton continued in much the same form after the break with Roe going close again, both Oldershaw and Duke firing wide and Stokes continued to menace. Eventually, Stanton claimed the all important second through Roe.

Mickleover pulled one back and it was game on but a brilliant move for the third put the game beyond doubt for Stanton. Mickleover were attacking but Bull nipped in and got the ball away to Feakes. A brilliant flick from him found Oldershaw in space and a perfect pass sent Stokes racing clear, passing to Stokes to cross for Roe to head home her second.