Stanton teams both hit seven

Stanton Ilkeston U13 7

Ripley Town Colts 0

STANTON romped past Ripley in a fine display that saw them hit seven goals.

The Ironmen came out all guns blazing and soon took the lead when Kieran Widdowson found Jake Adams who fired past the keeper.

Stanton continued to push forward and passed the ball about the pitch with ease and skill which paid off with Joel Adams crossing into the feet of Evan Thorpe who didn’t hesitate to fire his shot into the back of the net.

The third came minutes later from Widdowson who partnered well with Jake Adams to break into the box and plant his shot firmly into the corner.

Defenders Jordan Severn, Max Cook, Lewis Bradley and Brad Dykes quickly dealt with all Ripley’s efforts and soon had Joel Adams snaking down the wing to fire in a perfect shot giving the keeper no chance.

With minutes left Stanton surged forward again with Cook, Severn and Bradley combinding to set up Thorpe whose shot was parried but Joel Adams followed up to score.

The second-half saw Stanton just as dominant and Kendal Booth exchanged passes with Thorpe who fired across the keeper to score again.

Goal seven came when Jake Adams produced a superb volley to find the net after good work from Bradley and Joel Adams.

Brad Dykes and Bradley set up Joel Adams again but his shot was saved, and Widdowson was only denied by the final whistle when surging forward as the win was confirmed.

Spondon Dynamos 0

Stanton Ilkeston U12 7

The Ironmen got off to a fine start and immediately put Dynamos on the back foot.

Frank Mavin’s quick interception and pass out to James Kibble then saw Kibble find Daniel Body with a fine angled pass and he lobbed the keeper for the opener.

The second soon came with Body crossing for John Mill to tuck away his chance at the far post.

The third resulted from a Mavin cross which skipper Jack Doughty got on the end of to hit an inch perfect half volley into the corner.

Dynamos responded with a quick counter attack and Joe Parkin had to be alert to sweep the ball away, before the fourth came from a Mavin cross shot that found the corner of the net.

Again Spondon tried to respond but Arron Sheppard at full-back stood firm and the ball found its way into the centre for Joshua Axe to send Body clear to score at the second attempt.

Spondon came out fighting in the second-half and Dow Ward had to be on his toes to slide the ball out.

Tom Andrews then unlocked the defence with a fine interchange of passes with Mill and Axe to put Body through to score the sixth and his hat-trick.

Liam Attwood then slalomed his way through three tackles to shoot narrowly wide and the hard working Jack Lee linked well with his striking partners to keep Spondon pegged back.

The seventh was again scored by Body who hit a half-volley past the Dynamos keeper to take his personal tally to four.

Right at the death goalie Cameron Roe had to race from his area to clear to keep that all important clean sheet.

Lowdham 2

Long Eaton Utd U9 4

LONG Eaton progressed in the cup although didn’t produce the best of performances.

Lowdham played throughout one man short because of illness and a player absent without notice but played with superb heart and produced most of the best football.

Long Eaton did dominate the early stages and the first goal came after ten minutes when a cross from James Taylor was fumbled by the stand-in goalie and bundled over the line by Josh Melville.

The second was a magnificent goal. Taylor released Melville down the left hand flank and his first time cross was finished by Reece Widdowson.

Lowdham started the second half strongly and pulled a goal back but Long Eaton nerves were calmed when Widdowson latched onto a loose ball and lashed the ball in from a tight angle.

Lowdham scored their second goal seven minutes from time, but the game was sealed when Colby Reynolds stabbed in from close range after the goalie had parried two other shots from close range.

Josh Melville was man-of-the-match.

Trowell U16 5

Keyworth 1

TROWELL completed the double over Keyworth on a heavy pitch at Pit Lane.

The game started with Keyworth only fielding ten players but they held on well into the first-half as Trowell missed a hatful of chances.

It took a great ball in from Jake Stubbs on 30 minutes to break the deadlock as he found Mitch Williams who skilfully guided the ball home for Trowell’s opening goal.

Almost immediately Trowell struck again through Connor Chilton as he tapped home after Williams had forced a good save from Keyworth’s keeper.

Trowell settled better in the second-half and scored a super goal ten minutes in with a great solo effort down the middle from Connor Griffin.

As the game progressed Keyworth lost another player when the ref had little choice but to send him off for a second booking, however it was the visitors who scored next with a well-taken free-kick from 20 yards out.

But Trowell were to score twice more, the first a tap in for Josh West after a good save by their keeper and finally a great effort from Jack Sanders who blasted home after fending off several defenders.

Man of the match went to Mitchell Williams.

Ilkeston Ladies U16 2

Mansfield Ladies 1

NEITHER side could make any headway early on but Mansfield eventually took the lead when Paige Richmond in goal was given no chance with a well-taken strike.

The match continued up until half-time with the ball remaining in midfield for the majority of the game with Alex Duff, Shannon Layton, Stacey Anthony and Heather Griffin fighting it out in midfield.

The defence of Sophie Barratt, Louise Priest , Holly Robinson and Libby Brown continued to battle up to the end of the half.

The second-half continued much like the first but Ilkeston piled on the pressure playing some good passing football.

A 40-yard strike by Holly Robinson from the right side of midfield then levelled the game in spectacular style.

Some good pressure by Mansfield then saw sub goalkeeper Barratt make some outstanding contributions.

Ilkeston’s pressure continued with Nicole Cole, Shannon Layton and Heather Griffin continuing with some midfield contributions.

The winner came after sustained pressure when the Mansfield goalkeeper misread the flight of the ball and Lee-Anne Richardson tapped in.

Player of the match: Louise Priest.

Allestree Ajax 3

Ilkeston Town Juniors U7 6

Ilkeston were in a jubilant mood following their latest win and proceeded to put six past Allestree.

The game got underway at a ferocious rate and Town were soon one up when Nathaniel Peters scored after a through ball from Kian Williams.

Next was the turn of Oliver Gregory when, following a run down the wing, he fired the ball goal wards for Ilkeston’s second.

Allestree pulled one back but just 20 seconds later Williams was awarded a free-kick which he hit straight in to the back of the goal.

Williams was at it again after a pass from Ellis White on the halfway line, and he then got a deserved hat-trick moments before half-time to put Ilkeston 5-1 up.

Following the break and Town’s usual changes Ajax scored their second, but Ilkeston weren’t about to give up and made it six when a cross from Aaron Birkin landed at Williams’ feet for him to take his fourth.

Allestree were still in a buoyant mood and grabbed their third goal just before the final whistle.

The man of the match award went to Ellis White for his impressive second-half as stand in goalkeeper.

West Hallam Harriers U9 2

Melbourne Utd 2

A TERRIFIC contest between two of the best teams in the division ended with a thrilling comeback by Harriers who are now unbeaten in the league since October.

A very even first-half was characterised by good goalkeeping at both ends but Melbourne scored the only goal when a fierce shot scrambled under the body of the Harriers goalie.

Melbourne were the first to strike in the second-half when they extended their lead with a disappointingly scrappy goal.

Harriers showed their determination as they fought their way back into the contest with a stunning goal.

Chris Hodson latched onto the end of a searching cross and his first time volley rocketed past a stunned Melbourne goalie.

With five minutes to go, Harriers got a well-deserved equaliser when Dylan Boulter bundled the ball over the line.

Hodson was man-of-the-match and a draw was a fair result.

Ilkeston T Jun Robins U11 6

Normanton All Stars 2

The match got off to a lively start with Jordan Shaw sending the ball across the goal to Elliot Morledge who shot it between the goalie’s legs to score the first goal.

Defender Curtis Wickstead took his chance moments later sending a long ball over the head of the goalie and hitting the back of the net.

The opposition didn’t let up and a poor tackle resulted in captain Taylor Mottram receiving a penalty which increased the score further.

Luke Chapman worked well in goal, using his dependable defenders Brandon Quinney and Levi Hurst who acted as a barracade between the opposition and the goal.

Reco Richardson set up Mottram for the fourth, before Joshua Jackson set up Ben Morris but he couldn’t hit the target.

Alex Gauntlett-Munn then intercepted a goal kick, sending it on to Hurst then Shaw who sent it screaming into the top corner.

Quinney sent a long ball onto Brandon Brough whose attempt ricocheted off the cross bar, before Shaw, with his confidence boosted, took another chance and sent the final goal into the back of the net.

Ian Mottram Plastering man-of-the-match was Taylor Mottram for being a great team leader.